Job Title: Branch Manager
Responsible to: Directors
Responsible for: External Sales Staff / Internal Sales Staff / Warehouse Staff
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2016
We are looking to recruit somebody who is company driven and who has the drive to take the company forward.
To continuously seek to increase sales & profitability in the Branch territory by generating profitable sustainable growth in turnover, ensuring the installation & control of efficient Branch procedures, maintaining strict cost control and effective training and motivation of Branch staff.
- To set sales targets & monitor performance against targets in conjunction with the Sales/Commercial Director.
- To establish effective procedures to regulate salesmen’s call planning and reporting.
- To ensure internal staff & procedures provide full support to salesmen and satisfy customer requirements.
- To monitor customer complaints, ensure they are handled quickly, effectively and are logged to the requirements of ISO 9001.
- To ensure that when either quoting for or supplying goods they are fit for purpose & fully comply with customer specifications.
- To ensure that all instructions regarding Credit Limits, Payment Terms, Visa transactions and stop lists are fully complied with.
- To seek guidance from the Commercial Director regarding contracts where GC is below 20%
- To ensure that quotations are correctly logged, salesmen informed and are followed up.
- To monitor & report significant Competitors activities.
- To monitor suppliers performance & quality of service & product and report unsatisfactory performance.
- To liaise with & inform other Branches & HO on all matters of common interest.
- To continually seek to negotiate lower buying prices.
- To refer weekly to the outstanding order list & take appropriate action.
- To constantly monitor & minimize carriage in costs & charge carriage out at every opportunity.
- To control stock at minimum levels to meet customer requirements.
- To continuously seek to improve stock turn.
- To ensure Branch staff work to meet the requirements of Health & Safety legislation at all times.
- To ensure that management & staff follow the instructions set out in the Co. Employee Handbook.
- To abide by the disciplinary procedure laid down in the Employee Handbook, referring to HR before issuing a dismissal notice.
- To recommend training requirements & liaise with suppliers re product training, in conjunction with Sales Director.
- To ensure highest standards of conduct between staff & with Customers and suppliers.
- To advise the Directors regarding human resource requirements.
- To ensure the security, appearance & condition of the premises within limit of authority or by reference to HO.
Levels of Authority
- Credit limits as per computer records or refer to HO.
- Payment terms as agreed by HO.
- Maximum order for goods for stock to be £1000.
- Miscellaneous expenditure up to £200 per item or related items. Annual limit £1000.
- No authority to recruit staff or modify existing wages or terms & conditions, although advice will be sought prior to any significant modification,
- Expenses to be as per company handbook / policy. Credit card limit of £2000
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good Excel skills
- Must be able to multi task
This is a full time position, with an attractive salary commensurate with experience.
Apply in writing, CV essential to:
- Teresa Coupland – HR Manager
- Kiowa Ltd
- The Reservation
- East Road
- Lincolnshire NG34 7BY
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please contact Anthony Towers or Teresa Coupland if you require any more details. T: 01529 415551