Reducing risks with safety orientated pneumatics
Machines must be designed so that people, animals and property as well as the environment are protected against damage. The aim is to prevent physical damage of any kind. Using safety orientated pneumatic components from Festo means that you can implement safety measures that are compliant with the EC Machinery Directive.
The new 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive and the new DIN EN ISO 13849-1 standard will come into effect.
This directive will be binding. The directive must be transposed into national law in all European Member States
Does this apply to you?
The new directive applies to people and companies who:
- Build devices of machines using pneumatic (compressed air) components
- Modernise pneumatically (compressed air) operated devices or machines
- Install new components in existing devices or machines because previously installed components are no longer available
- Do not use original spare parts or repair machines (applies to all machine parts)
- Trade in machines and devices and put them on the market in the EU.
The important parts for you are:
- Time schedule for EC Machinery directive and DIN EN ISO 13849-1
- Definition and concept of risk
- Directive compliant procedure for safe design (to EN ISO 12100)
- Control architectures (to DIN EN ISO 13849-1)
Please read the attached PDF for a full breakdown of the Safety Engineering Guidelines