Location: Kiowa Conference/Training Centre
Training/Education provided by: Experts from Festo Pneumatics, additional support from Sales Engineers at Kiowa
Price: TBC – Please call Justin to confirm booking costs
Available Places: FULL, please contact our sales team for details of further course dates on the number below.
Festo P111 – Introduction to Penumatics Course
About the P111
Designed as a general introduction to the subject of pneumatics, the course aims to familiarise delegates with the design, construction, and operation of pneumatic components. This includes the interpretation of circuit diagrams and symbols as well as the construction of control systems.
The course covers use of compressed air for pneumatic control and as a signalling medium. A complete overview is given, covering compressors, storage, dryers, and distribution as well as the design, construction and operation of a range of actuators, valves and acillary equipment. The relevant ISO symbols are introduced and included in the circuit diagrams.
Practical sessions give delegates the opportunity to put theory into practice. Working from the diagrams they have produced, delegates have to select the correct components from a range of equipment and build circuits, making the neccessary adjustments for pressure, flow and sequence.
A strong emphasis is placed on safety and appropriate working practices throughout the course, especially during practical sessions.
All personell involved with the design, installaton, and maintenance of industrial pneumatic equipment and basic control systems.
General Engineering background
- Advantages and disadvantages of air
- Theory of air and gas laws
- The service unit
- Single acting cylinders
- Directional control valves
- Valve port labelling
- Double acting cylinders
- Component layout
- Speed control including flow control valves, quick exhaust valves
- SI units and conversions
- Overview of compressors, dryers and distribution
- ISO symbols
- Direct and indirect control
- Circuit diagram layout
- Logic valves inluding shuttle valves, two pressure valves
- Timing valves
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- 1. Understand the units and measurement scales associated with compressed air systems
- 2. Recognise pneumatic symbols drawn to the relevant standards (ISO 1219)
- 3. Understand the functioning of standard pneumatic cylinders and valves
- 4. Read pneumatic circuit diagrams
- 5. Construct simple pneumatic controls
- 6. Understand safe practice
- N.B. Course contents are only a guide and will be covered as far as time permits.
Course take place over three days and take place at Kiowa Conference/Training Centre. Practical exercises are used throughout the whole course. Candidates will also use FluidSIM, a Festo software package for the design and simulation of Fluid Power circuits.
What I need to do?
Clear your diary for the 29th, 30th and 31st January 2013
Contact anyone else in your Team who may be interested and see if you can do a block booking. (There are 12 places up for grabs, but they will go quickly and early bird’s get a discounted rate!)
Contact Justin (Sales Director at Kiowa Ltd) for more information on the Festo P111 Course including Price Information. Call Sales at Kiowa: 01529 416200 and they can put you through to Justin.